Top Most Interview Questions for Graduates



1. Tell me about yourself?
  • It seems like an easy interview question. It's open ended. I can talk about whatever. Right?  Wrong
  • What the hiring manager really wants is a quick, two- to three-minute snapshot of who you are and why you're the best candidate for this position. 
  • Use an example or two to back it up. Always point back to an example when you have the opportunity. "Tell me about yourself' does not mean tell me everything. Just tell me what makes you the best. 
I can’t give you a tailor made answer, as it should be unique to each other .You should speak up your strengths more for this question.

I can give you a simple template to follow:

I am pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering. 

The three best attributes that describe me are passionate, professional and perseverant. 

I have a great liking for my subject and my approach is logical rather than theoretical especially on programming subjects. 

I try to analyze various situations where my subjects can be applied. This is a testimonial to the fact that I have won several awards in technical quiz competitions. 

I am a professional when it comes to work. I have led the pre-final year project team at my college. 

[ AVOID ]
  • Don't say blah blah things that are mentioned in your resume already.
  • Don’t be over confident.
  • Don’t stare on the ceiling or walls.
  • Never ever speak anything negative like complaining about your college here.
[ DOs]
  • Be confident, expressive face (don't act).
  • Maintain a Gentle smile and have eye contact with interviewer.
2. Why should we hire you?
If you hire me, it will be a great platform to showcase my skills . Whatever goals I set, I ensure to complete them within stipulated time.
3. Why have you been unemployed for such a long time?
I enrolled myself for some advanced personality development course with some freelance work.
4. Tell me your ability to work under pressure ?
I keep myself calm and focus on multi tasking while being patient.
5. What are your expectations from job?
Professionally advancement and good future
6. Are you a team player?
Yes, the team which i was part of have successfully completed the projects within deadlines
7. How long would you expect to work for us if hired ?
As long as i feel challenged professionally.
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?
I see myself in a senior position managing important  portfolio of this company.
9. What is your weakness ?
I concentrate on one thing at a time .
10. What is your strength ?
I am a quick learner and a great team player(Prepare yourself to answer question : how you are a great team player)
11. Do you have any question for us ?
When can I join ? or else you can ask about the working environment of the interviewer's company . (Never say 'Nothing', if you say so it means that you are not at all excited about their  company )

12If i were to ask your professors to describe you, what would they say
  • This is a threat of reference check question. Do not wait for the interview to know the answer. Ask your professors in advance. And if they're willing to provide a positive reference, ask them for a letter of recommendation. 
  • Then you can answer the question like this: "I believe he/ she would say I'm a very energetic person, that I'm results oriented and one of the best people she has ever worked with. Actually, I know he/ she would say that, because those are his/ her very words. May I show you his/ her letter of recommendation?" 
  • So be prepared in advance 
13. Tell me about your Final year project (Important)
  • 100% pakka question that will be asked in Technical interview , that gets you qualify interview  by 50% , if answered.
  • To be frank you might have bought the project from outside for getting marks in Degree. But make sure this won’t be a minus in your interview . 
  • When the interviewer asks you to explain the project you should be able to give overview of project without hesitation or confusion. You may be asked to explain with the flow diagram concept of project , actually this helps in clear understanding.
  • Try to understand and learn at least 10 to 20 lines of coding part you have used in your project related to  a module because the interviewer will check your originality by asking to explain any module with few lines of code .
14. Which is your favorite subject in B.Tech (Important)
  • This is the decision maker in your technical round.
  • After reading 40 to 50 subjects for completion of B.Tech , you should select only a subject which you like most to clear your interview. Be thoroughly prepared on the Basics of this subject. 
  • Your whole technical round may be around only this subject. So be careful while selecting a subject. 
  • If you don’t know the exact answer at least try to answer with the related answer but don’t talk something blah blah , if you do so you are gone .



 

Article By Hemanth
-->